YHC thought he was in the scene from Field of Dreams where the cars were lined up down the road. They just kept coming. 27 men with 1 FNG sought out a Tuesday workout, and YHC couldn’t be happier they chose #Fenceline. Especially because the doom of a workout he chose for the day was sufficient for such a turnout.
Welcoming our new member #PulpFiction (John Albright – Respect) with a nice little introduction, mission statement, and version of Gilligan’s down east disclaimer…minus the “you’ll probably owe us a little money” we took off to Hamilton for a little mosey.
Once we arrived to the Sunset intersection we circled up for the W.A.R
- SSH x 20 IC
- Sun Gods x 10 (Forward)
- Moroccan Nigh Clubs x 10
- Windmills x 15 IC
- Sun Gods x 10 (Reverse)
- walk up
- walk out
- 21’s (Merkin form practice) (mumble chatter)
- 7 close
- 7 mid
- 7 uppper
- 7 full (YHC as well as the pax, realize that adds up to 28)
- 2 lines (Indian Run) (6 does 10 merkins before sprinting)
Pax conclude Indian Run and veered right onto Dellwood and into the upper school for the Thang.
Dedicated to Wicked, if for no other reason than that he commented in previous weeks when seeing the highlighter green poster board in YHCs car, “Thank God we aren’t doing that workout”…anything that challenges Wicked has to be good for the other pax.
Instructions were given, rather suggestions. A long list of exercises were posted and it was “suggested” to do 1-2 sets of 2-3 exercises and take a lap around the building (distances were optional to meet the pax’s preferences) However, some pax appeared as if they were growing roots. Encourage, Encourage, Encourage!
- 1 Pole Climb (fitness center)
- 10 Pull-ups
- 20 Man Dips (parallel bars)
- 30 Wall Balls (squat and press medicine ball on wall)
- 100 Merkins
- 200 SSH
- 300 Squats
- 200 Dips
- 100 Step Ups
- 30 Box Jumps
- 20 Burpees
- 10 Pull-ups
- 1 Pole Climb
- 15 second Combat Rope
- 30 second Jump Rope
Omaha was called a couple minutes after 6 so we could make our #finalapproach on the basketball court
- pax circled up and did a merkin circle counting down and up 10. While not in action, pax did a variety of planks
- 4 medals – variety of WWII, American Hammer, Knees to Chest, Freddie Mercuries
- 27 pax was a challenge, so YHC was feeling it and introduced 4 balls, staggered across the circle. Somehow there was a logjam and 2 balls made an exit. Unfortunately the balls were thrown to the Q who just reintroduced them.
- LBC x 20 IC
- Knees-to-Chest x 15 IC
- 45º Knees-to-Chest x 15 IC
- 45º Flutter Kicks x 12 IC
- Homer-to-Marge x 20 IC
- Reverse Crunch x 15 IC
- Marge-to-Heaven x 20 IC
- T-claps to all of the pax. Everyone stayed active and did challenging exercise rather than 20 minutes of “cupcakes”
- T-claps to Chips for doing some of the most beast pull-ups on the building awning
- On that note, T-claps to Wicked and Buck for not only doing the pole climb but pull-ups 15 feet in the air #impressed
- T-claps to Sir Purr for EHing our new brother
- Xerox adding significant distance to his workout and hanging in for #burpeeball #improvement #respect
- Tool-man and Do-Right posting with great frequency. Love their energy and determination to get better
- Service – Community Housing Solutions – Paint the Town – Glenwood – September 17 – Butt Fumble/Slumlord emails
- Judy’s Chair – $4400 out of 10k. Keep it going!
- Tap Room – HDHH 5:30 – until (grab a beer, water, appetizers) just come and fellowship with these brothers we share the mornings with
- Cecil on Q in Summerfield this week – no Passport required
- Prayer Request – Pamela needs us to pray for God’s will in his wife’s CT scan this week, a year after her cancer diagnosis and surgery. We all pray for a clean reading.
Chips took us out with one of the best, most uplifting prayers I have heard on behalf of Pamela and his family. Thanks brother. “When He moves, He moves” Aye!
“If you build it, they will come” – a great mantra for F3, Site-Qs, AO’s and all of the #pax. We have a platform in F3 that truly invigorates male leadership. Leadership looks different for all, but together, all of those skills benefit each other in building “it” #trusttheprocess
***For 3rd F Notes*** shoot me an email and I’ll provide them – email@example.com. Great anecdotes for heart trouble in Chapter 14 of John. #Seminar #upperroom
~ Big Mitt
PAX: Big Mitt
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.