A PAX of 19 gathered at Lindley Park this morning to get their run on and to get better. Representatives from 3 different BRR teams and other run-focused warriors quickly noticed the group of incoming US Marine recruits who had also gathered in the Lindley Park gloom for what we think was some pre-bootcamp PT. They were not interested in joining us, but had to have been impressed with YHC’s cadence during the Warm-O-Rama. #F3teachesnewskills
With no FNGs and no newbies to the Stampede, only a quick disclaimer was needed before we got to it.
- SSH IC X 25
- Imperial Walker IC X 20
- Don Quixote (Abe Vigoda style) IC X 10
- Mosey to baseball parking lot for an up and back warm up of high knees, butt kickers, and Carioca left & right.
From here, we moseyed through the Greensboro Arboretum to the corner of Walker and Ashland Drive for the:
Directions were simple – run out Walker Ave for 10 minutes at an effort level of around 70%. Turn around once time is called and run back to Ashland at a faster pace a la Fox & the Hounds. This OYO based workout allows everyone to start and finish together while running at their own pace. With many different skill levels and BRR tapering beginning, this workout seemed well-suited for today!
The PAX ran out hard, most were a good bit under a 9 minute mile pace.
Once PAX reassembled at Ashland, we moseyed back to the shovel flag for a quick round of MARY:
- LBC IC X 20
- Low Slow Flutters IC X 10
- American Hammer IC X 20
Average total distance covered today – 4 miles. Sugar Rays went probably 4.5 miles. Great job by everyone as I saw a lot of guys push themselves out there.
- Loved having 19, yes 19, runners today – hope you all enjoyed the route and the encouragement. Apologies for not being more original with the workout, but the late travel the evening before dampened YHC’s creativity.
- I-Beam & Gunny, glad you both made it through the workout – it is hard to outrun a turtle and both of you guys survived. We’ve all been there!
- Boatshow and Footloose = Fast! But Refi and Cheesy Poof put up a fight. Nothing more to say except very impressive – all of you. Speaking for all the BRR runners at the Stampede – Boatshow, Footloose, Refi, Cheesy Poof, Haz Mat, Matlock, Gunny, YHC – we are ready to represent F3 GSO & #Natville. I hope more of you guys will think seriously about running the BRR next year.
- Miss Daisy, Graffiti, Streamer – good being with you guys today. Haven’t worked out with you much, but look forward to more soon.
- Labor Day Convergence – 6:30 am, Latham Grinder, 90 minutes. I-Beam on the Q so you know it will be strong. Bring water and BRR guys were advised “to do a run.” Good advice – no injuries the week of the race! Remember, no Circle Time or Quaker Crater.
- Streamer VQ at Cougar Town – this Saturday, 9/3, launch 0630. Get out and support Streamer and the #MeowMeow AO.
- Need Qs for the Stampede – Leverage next week, but a lot of open holes in September and October. Reach out to Cheesy Poof to sign up!
- High Point F3 official launch @ High Point Athletic Center – Sat, Oct 1st in tandem with W-S.. (Depart via Carpool from Friendly Center/Harris Teeter @ 6:15)
- Miles for Matthew – Nancy has an F3 team and needs 50 members between F3 men, Ms and 2.0s for Saturday, October 8. https://runsignup.com/Race/NC/Greensboro/MilesforMatthew
YHC took us out. Always a pleasure and a privilege to lead!