A record 20 pax posted on this fine gloomy morning in epic fashion, lead by TPS who always manages to beat the shovel flag. The 20 included 2 FNGs who were top notch additions to the #Natville Pax. Jeremiah Hendrick, former National Champion football player at Elon, now forever known as “Glory Days” amongst the Nation and Cory Flowers, a local member of our Police force, named Proctor (Blue Oyster was already taken). Welcome men!
After all proper introductions, expectations, instructions, disclaimers etc we moseyed up to the baseball diamond for the W.A.R.
Instruction – Sprint to the numerical position around the baseball diamond, perform the announced exercise, sprint home and perform a burpee for the correlating numbered position. (All sprints were done at paxs’ desired pace
- Pitcher – SSH x 20 IC – 1 Burpee
- Catcher – Sun Gods x 10 IC – 5 Moroccan Night Clubs x 5 IC Sung Gods x 10 IC reverse – 2 Burpees
- 1st Base – Mountain Climbers x 20 IC – 3 Burpees
- 2nd Base – Windmills x 20 IC – 4 Burpees
- 3rd Base – String Rippers x 10 IC – audible into Monkey Humpers x 10 IC just to embarrass our new guys – 5 Burpees
- Shortstop – Peter Parkers x 20 IC – 6 Burpees
- Left Field – Copperhead Squats x 20 IC – 7 Burpees
- Center Field – Imperial Walkers x 20 IC – 8 Burpees
- Right Field – Plank Jacks x 20 IC – Audible – 5 Burpees and 30 Dips on the bench
Notes: Instructions for all Pax to remember where they were in Right Field, it would come in handy
Pax counted off into 4s for a nice 5 member groups. There were 4 stations along the 3rd base line fence. Each station had an “item” that needed some transportation, some ropes that need to be jumped and some resistance bands that needed to be stretched.
Station 1 – 10lb Med ball
Station 2 – 10lb Exercise Bar
Station 3 – 15lb Med Ball
Station 4 – 15lb Exercice Bar with heavy chains attached #chaingang
Instruction: Transporter carried item to the 2nd base grass line – dropped item, ran to right field, performed 5 Burpees, returned to their item, and brought it home for the next man up.
Remaining Pax performed the prescribed exercises with the last man in line jumping rope. Exercises were performed relay style.
Alternating Sets upon switch.
Set 1 – Bicep Curl, Front Shoulder Raise, Shoulder Press, Overhead Tricep Extension
Set 2 – Merkin, Carolina Dry Dock, Diamond Merkin, Burpee
Omaha was called and J-Love and Long Time were courteous enough to #transport the med balls to their rightful spot in the circle on the basketball court.
Circle of Death
- Hammer Time – 4 med balls sporadically added for #americanhammers and #WWII #Situps and a combo
- Burpee Circle – First time using multiple med balls. Up to Triple Burpee and Diamond Merkins were added in the mix
- LBC x 20 IC
- Flutter Kicks x 12 IC
- Figure8s x 12 IC
- Freddie Mercuries x 12 IC
- Homer to Marge x 15
- Reverse Crunch x 15
- Marge to Heaven x 15
- Some of the best encouragement amongst the #pax at any workout I’ve attended
- #Kotters – Gilligan, Petrified #ramkillers
- RESPECT – you men know who you are
- Mumble Chatter accusations of J-Love playing Zone-D during #WAR, aka, he was at home plate before Q’s owl screech cadence. Taken to #Twitter
- New found energy by @Butt Fumble today. EHing will do that to ya, give it a try men. T-Claps brother
- Felt like 2nd day of elementary school – maybe AO is contagious. YHC takes responsibility for confusion on single file lines and counting to 4.
- Chain Gangs across the nation would have been proud of our surprise #prop
- T-Claps to our #Statham esque transporters J-Love and Long Time
- All the men who go the distances to collect Qs props are noticed and very much appreciated. Servant’s hearts not looking for any credit. Love these men and their leadership by example
- 2nd F tonight – Grasshoppers game @ 7pm, Section 102-103/3rd base line, wear something F3 related if you have it. Great opportunity to fellowship before baseball season concludes.
- Service Opportunities – Sept 17- Community Housing Solutions – Paint the Town – Glenwood
- Judy’s Chair, almost up to 3k, need to get to 10k #ponyup #goodcause
- GSO Police – FNG – Proctor leading some police service opps
- 3rd F follows on Tuesdays – 6-7 pax showing up, need more. Getting to the meat of John
– Wicked took the reigns and lead us out with a great message of appreciation for all the things we have in this life and the One who provides it. Aye!
What a great feeling the support of this AO is receiving and how that makes YHC feel. Humbled and grateful. Thanks men!
~ Big Mitt
QIC: Sacked, Viagra, Long Time, Gilligan, Xerox, Butt Fumble, Graffiti, Cecil, Tea Party, Tool Man, FNG – Jeremiah Hendrick – Glory Days, Wicked, Petrified, FNG – Cory Flowers – Proctor, J-Love, TPS, Ozone, Mullet, Woody, Big Mitt (QIC)