As a proud Mendenhall alumnus, I must admit to harboring a little resentment that one or more Aycock alum JABRONIS would name this great AO for My Little Pony. So having posted once before, I’ve (mostly) kept my opinion to myself – until today. What’s the old adage, “don’t get mad, get even?” Yep, that about covers today. Just call me Grumpy Uncle Mustang!
With no FNGs and a few PAX members coming in HOT, the disclaimer was quick but YHC needed to provide the PAX with a little pre-beatdown education about what this great AO is about:
According to Wikipedia, In 1971 the US Congress recognized that “wild free-roaming horses (MUSTANGS) are living symbols of the historical pioneer spirit of the West, which continue to contribute to the diversity of life forms within the Nation and enrich the lives of the American people.”
With that as an introduction the 11 wild horses and 1 wild dog in attendance were ready to get their bucking gallop on! And as wild horses like to run, that’s what we did!
Short mosey to the school patio for the Warm-O-Rama:
- SSH X 25 IC
- Imperial Walkers X 20 IC
- Don Quixotes (Abe Vagoda style) X 15 IC
- Moroccan Nightclub X 20 IC (Hold when finished)
- Sungods X 10 IC (forward & reverse)
With the main part of the THANG carefully chosen for the PAX today, YHC couldn’t resist adding a couple of early pain stations to the mix this morning:
Mosey over to the long elevated benches along the covered sidewalk for Over-Unders, which were not a problem for the more vertically challenged, but elicited some good #mumblechatter from CHiPs and Xerox! YHC loves #mumblechatter, but loves shutting it down even more!
Next we took advantage of the super convenient picnic tables for
- Dips X 20
- Step Ups X 20 (each leg) #crowdpleaser
- Derkins X 20
With the horses really warmed up, we moseyed Native American Run style to the track/football field for the main event, the Lucky Horseshoe, which is a #sufferfest used in Charlotte and SC, but (interestingly) is not in the Execon. To YHC’s knowledge, this was the first running here in #Natville! Exercises are up to the Q, and this is a pyramid where exercises are added going up, then subtracted from the beginning as you go back down. #doesnotevenlookgoodonpaper
The Lucky Horseshoe
- Run 1 lap around track
- Merkins X 20
- Run 2nd lap
- Merkins X 20, Prisoner’s Squats X 20
- Run 3rd lap
- Merkins X 20, Prisoner’s Squats X 20, Scorpion Dry Docks X 20
- Run 4th lap
- Merkins X 20, Prisoner’s Squats X 20, Scorpion Dry Docks X 20, WWII Sit Ups X 20
- Run 5th lap
- Merkins X 20, Prisoner’s Squats X 20, Scorpion Dry Docks X 20, WWII Sit Ups X 20, Lunges X 10 (each leg)
- Run 6th lap
- Prisoner’s Squats X 20, Scorpion Dry Docks X 20, WWII Sit Ups X 20, Lunges X 10 (each leg)
- Run 7th lap
- Scorpion Dry Docks X 20, WWII Sit Ups X 20, Lunges X 10 (each leg)
- Run 8th lap
- WWII Sit Ups X 20, Lunges X 10 (each leg)
- Run 9th lap
- Lunges X 10 (each leg)
- Run 10th lap (VICTORY LAP)
Xerox commented (correctly) that this was no horseshoe and that there was nothing lucky about this! What is sure is that Mustangs can only be horseshoed if they are caught, which most are not and were not today! Following the above pain & suffering (which it truly was), we moseyed via Native American Run to the basketball court for 15 Donkey Kicks, which we did in cadence.
With time nearly up, we moseyed around back of the school (some of us taking the opportunity to hit the blocking sled on the way by) to the parking lot for a single Mary exercise:
- American Hammer X 20 IC
YHC took us out
Naked Man Moleskin and Announcements:
- Great work today men! It was good to have 3 2.0s among us and they did not back down at all. Luckily for Falcon, the squawking hawk perched near the basketball court was gone by the time we got over there. We were ready to protect him as that hawk sounded hungry!
- There is great terrain at this AO, but I do think #WildMustang would be a better namesake than what it currently is. I do have to say I did feel better after administering the sufferfest today – Grumpy Uncle Mustang will happily return to Q in the future.
- Following the workout at the Green Bean Coffeeteria, Hootie brought up possibly one of the worst ever songs from the 80s which is only known because of MTV. I’ll leave you in suspense, but invite you to check out the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8j2ej5jqQw Classically bad, but funny and maybe appropriate!
- Next week we have a couple of 2nd F options to enjoy – Tuesday & the usual Wednesday. Check your email for details and post. 2nd F very important to the F3 experience!
- Big Mitt trying to organize an outside shooting 2nd F – need a farm so pistols and long guns can both be used. Let JLove or Big Mitt know if you are interested or have access to a venue.
- Labor Day convergence at Latham Grinder – IBeam on the Q – launch at 0630 – 90 minutes
It was an honor and a privilege to lead today. Thanks for the opportunity Woody!
Wojo (aka Grumpy Uncle Mustang)
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.