On a sunny humid summer morning, YHC rolled in about 30 minutes early to complete some recon that was not done during the week. It was immediately noticed that a skunk had visited Cougar Town. Hopefully it would not be found during recon. Prior to taking off to scout the shovel-flag is left as the F3 identifier in case any FNGs were coming out in the gloom. It took quite a few attempts to find some soil that was not harder than the asphalt of the parking lot, but eventually a good location was found next parking island over. (more on that later). After some recon slight modification to the planned workout YHC moseyed back to the parking lot to see not a soul in sight. Hmmm, 6:27 for a workout that begins at 6:30. I begin thinking, do I stay or head over to the #nightmare? But the Natville Pax did not let me down. Before my brain can ponder, 4 guys roll in. Seeing another, we get in plank position for the disclaimer and waiting on Utters whom was up late entertaining the 2.0s at the Hopper game Friday night. With the disclaimer given in the horizontal position we begin a mosey to the track where the work done when something like this:
SSH x 20 IC
Sun gods x 20 f/R
Bear crawl to middle of straight away, circle up
String Rippers x 20 IC
Imperial Walkers x 20 IC
Lt. Dans to end of straight away
Merkins x 20 IC
Peter Parkers x 20 IC
A) We gathered at the small hill between the baseball field and track to complete 7s Starting with 1 Hand Release Merkin at bottom, go to top and complete 6 prayer squats. After odd number at bottom, bear crawl up and back. Even at bottom, run up/down.
We then conquered the 2nd half of this beatdown.
B) Group breaks into 2 groups with one running clockwise and one counter-clockwise. After finishing each lap pax completed the following exercises OYO:
- Merkins x 20
- Merkins x 20; Wojo Squats x 20
- Merkin x 20; Wojo Squats x 20; Scorpion Dry Docks x 20
- Merkin x 20; Wojo Squats x 20; Scorpion Dry Docks x 20; WWII Sit up x 20
- Merkin x 20; Wojo Squats x 20; Scorpion Dry Docks x 20; WWII Sit up x 20; Lunges x 10 (each leg)
- Wojo Squats x 20; Scorpion Dry Docks x 20; WWII Sit up x 20; Lunges x 10 (each leg)**I believe this was as far as anyone got when time was called.
- Scorpion Dry Docks x 20; WWII Sit up x 20; Lunges x 10 (each leg)
- WWII Sit up x 20; Lunges x 10 (each leg)
- Lunges x 10 (each leg)
Low Dolly x 20 IC
Freddie Mercury x 15 IC
Cindy Crawfords x 10 right
Pickle Pusher x 5 IC
Cindy Crawfords x 10 left
Alabama Prom Date x 15 IC
American Hammers x 20 IC
We then took what has become known as a Bodett recovery/fellowship walk back to the shovel flag since the COT occurs at some random place around the AO. As the pax turned the corner to see the parking lot many more cars had gathered. Through the sweat in my eyes, I could not even make out the shovel flag. What the pax did see was about 50-60 women in running attire somewhat gathered around our flag. Apparently, this was the exchange point for a trail relay today. While it was a co-ed race the exchange point at Cougar Town appeared to be female only. #maybe_they_know
Notes & Moleskin
- Excellent work by the group today. Nice to get the #downpainment in prior to the sun and temperature getting too high.
- Hazmat was really giving his #dailymax today. Good work.
- Prayers for Hazmat’s crew coming back from a mission trip, also for Stubbing and Tebow both nursing an injury.
- Thanks for trusting me to provide your fitness routine for the day. Hope you got a bit more value than what you paid.
PAX: Hazmat (WD), Udders, Streamer, Bodett, Strange Brew, Thurmanator