15 Pax arose at an early hour to enjoy the unexpectedly mild early March weather with your YHC. YHC was very thankful for the good turnout, anxious to get started (which we did at 5:30 am sharp), and to show the Natville Pax a couple of things he had learned from his posts over the past couple of weeks in different regions. It went down something like this:
SSH X 20 in cadence
Mummy Kickers X 10 in cadence (no worries about any future Rockettes coming from this group)
Cotton Pickers X 20 in cadence (thank you for the idea F3 Alpharetta)
Sun Gods X 15 in cadence
Reverse Sun Gods X 15 in cadence
YHC instructed the pax to do a nice easy run through the Starmount neighborhood by running the following route:
Starmount to Wedgedale
Wedgedale to Madison
Madison to West Avondale
West Avondale to Edgewater
The Sugar Ray’s were able to get in a little extra credit running before the 6 arrived. Once the 6 arrived YHC instructed them to run a little further. Calculus immediately said “I feel a Nancy special is coming”. However any association between YHC and Nancy quickly evaporated when YHC led the pax down one street too far before returning to Homewood. #honortobecomparedtoNancy #I’mnoNancy
Once arriving at the correct location YHC instructed the pax with the following:
1st hill run: Run backwards up the hill until it crests, do 10 LBC’s, run back down and do 10 LBC’s and wait on the six (backwards run was real crowd pleaser; thank you F3 Atlanta)
2nd hill run: Run backwards halfway up hill then run forwards until it crests, do 10 LBC’s, run back down and do 10 LBC’s and wait on the six
3rd hill run: Run to top of hill where it crests and run back down and begin the journey back to the shovel flag.
YHC was a little too ambitious with the running plan and Site Q Cheesy Poof wisely stepped in to cut the run short so we could make it back to the shovel flag for an abbreviated Mary (thanks Cheesy Poof)
Cindy Crawfords in cadence (led by Explosion)
Fantastic effort by the Pax at the Stampede. The weather and the effort were definitely in sync. A run of at least 3.5 miles was done by all the Pax (the Sugar Ray’s/Wedgewood Pax got even more). Also big thanks to LYnda for helping YHC get his iPhone recorder going (running diminished YHC’s brain function).
COT: Calculus took us out with an awesome prayer
- Explosion encouraged the Pax to attend the 2nd F Lunch at Mac’s Speed Shop to watch the ACC Tourney at Noon (UNC-CH & Pitt game).
- Amphibious mentioned the delay of the new Tuesday workout (Arise) at Grace UMC due to major plumbing issue at church. Launch will be tabled for at least 3 weeks. Keep church in prayer as they get this issue fixed and for work after workout feeding the homeless.
- Wojo announced Stinky Cheese’s service project for this Saturday (March 12th) at house in Mayodan that needs repair. Contact Stinky Cheese for details.
- Wojo advertised the MEGA workout in Winston-Salem for Saturday, March 12th. Wanted the Pax to join him and LYnda. Natville, Burlington, Kernersville, and NoCo are all leading pain stations. 8 1/2 miles of running and pain stations to! Starts at 7 am sharp at BB&T Field (Groves Stadium). 5 Pax from Natville have committed to go; planning to clown car over at 6 am.
- Wojo mentioned F3 Shoe Drive. Delivering shoes to Fleet Feet on Saturday, March 19th. Can give shoes to Wojo, someone else with F3, or drop them off yourself. Men’s, Women’s, and Kids shoes are all needed (will be cleaned up to be distributed).
- Cheesy Poof mentioned the Beer Run at 1 pm next Sunday (March 20th) at Old Town Draught House on Spring Garden Street. 5 mile race, lots of fun, and party afterwards with beer tokens to.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.