45 of #Natville’s finest, including 3 FNGs, broke out of their fartsacks for a little extended 1st F fun. YHC and DOS had a little pain planned, and it went down a little something like this.
After a little disclaimer, the PAX moseyed to the church parking lot for:
- 5 Burpees OYO….and so it begins….
- SSH x 30 IC
- Hillbillies x 25 IC….performed in conjunction with that disturbing Deliverance sound Butt Fumble makes.
- Sungods x 20 Forward IC and 15 Reverse IC
- Chinooks x 20 IC
- 5 more Burpees OYO
Mosey to picnic area at rec building for:
- 20 Dips IC
- 20 Derkins IC
The Derkins were effective in getting the PAXs’ chests warmed up for:
Part 1 of The Thang
Mosey to the Safety Town parking lot where DOS started us off with a little Merkin ladder and the level of mumblechatter increased significantly. The PAX lined up in the lower parking lot and started with 20 Merkins, running back and forth across the short slide of the lot, and decreasing the number of Merkins each time by two. YHC counts 110 Merkins.
Following the Merkin ladder, DOS led the PAX back to the church parking lot for a little dirty mac-deuce.
Set 1 – Line up behind far speed bump
- Peter Parkers x 12 IC
- Wide Merkins x 12 IC
- Crab Cakes x 12 IC
- Bear Crawl halfway and run halfway to other speed bump
- Mountain Climbers x 12 IC
- Diamond Merkins x 12 IC
- 12 Burpees OYO
- Crab Walk halfway and run halfway to other speed bump
- Parker Peters x 12 IC
- Wide Leg Merkins x 12 IC
- Alternating Shoulder Taps x 12 IC
- Run backwards to other speed bump
- Mahktar Ndiayes x 12 IC
- Merkins x 12 IC
- 12 Burpees OYO
Level of mumblechatter regarding YHC’s and DOS’s apparent lack of understanding to incorporate lower body work into the workout was noted throughout.
Mosey to shovel flag for a quick water break then mosey to Country Park entrance gate for…
Part 2 of the Thang
In order to get the leg muscles warmed up for Part 3 of the Thang, the PAX got their run on.
- Mosey to the flagpole and faux deer at the bottom of the hill
- LBCs x 40 IC and 5 Burpees OYO
- Sprint up to the top of the hill
- Mosey back to the bottom of the hill – possibly some more burpees performed at this time
- Sprint up to the top of the hill and then to the Country Park entrance gate
- SSH x 20 IC followed by, rumor has it, more burpees.
- Mosey back toward shovel flag and baseball field.
Part 3 of the Thang
After the PAX moseyed to the baseball field, a little lower body work was announced #aboutdamntime. The PAX partnered up….size does matter…and it went like this:
- Copperhead Squats x 30 SC
- Calf Raises x 50 IC
- Partner Carry to Right Field Foul Pole
- Jump Squats x 30 SC
- Smurf Jacks x 50 SC
- Opposite Partner Carry to Center Field Fence
- Monkey Humpers x 30 SC
- Dan Taylors to Second Base and back to Center Field Fence
- Partner Push to Left Field Foul Pole
Left Field Foul Pole
- Wojo Squats x 30 SC
- Jumping Lunges x 50 SC (25 Each Leg)
- Opposite Partner Push to Third Base
- Prisoner Get-Ups x 30 SC
- Side Leg Raises x 50 SC (25 Each Leg) – Jane Fonda Special
- Wall Sit with Cusack until Six is in
After a little extra Wall Sit, DOS called an Omaha and led the PAX across the field to the right field wall where a little more Wall Sit was in order. Amphibious noted that the right field wall fence needs some improvements.
Mosey back to the infield for some Mary:
- Freddie Mercurys x 31 IC
- LBCs x 40 IC
- Rosalitas x 20 IC
- Dollys x 20 IC
- Low Slow, Slow Flutter x 10 IC…Wilson!
And appropriately, the Convergence ended with 10 Burpees OYO.
Moleskin and Announcements
- Awesome job by the PAX today. Way to push through all 90 minutes.
- Welcome to former FNGs Stroke, Beyoncé, and Scrum. Hope to see you out in the gloom again soon. We promise the other workouts are shorter.
- YHC noted that Full House is not a fan of 630 AM start time.
- YHC did not get an accurate count on number of burpees performed. They may have been sprinkled in a few more places than what is listed above. #getstronger.
- Labor Day Cookout at Nancy’s on Monday. You missed the signup deadline if you’re reading this, but talk to Nancy if you want to go. #2ndF.
- Miles for Matthew next Saturday. 39+ F3 guys have raised more than $2,300 for an awesome cause. Still time to get signed up and raise some money. See Nancy for details.
- Second F Opportunity at Gate City Growlers next Wednesday evening to support a wounded veteran and raise money for a vest for his assist dog. Come out and support our veterans and drink some beer or an Arnold Palmer in the process.
- Bobber will send out details on how to support and volunteer for the Buddy Walk to support down syndrome on October 17.
- F3 Burlington will be launching at the end of October. #giveitaway.
- Spartan Race on September 19 at Fort Bragg. These are great events. See Full House or Wilson for details.
- Another Spartan Race in April in Charlotte. See DOS for details.
- Battlefrog Race on April 23. Buy one get one free right now. #buylowsellhigh.
DOS and Beaver
PAX: DOS and Beaver